life is a journey. enjoy the trip.
21 September 2006


Busy In The Kitchen

my mom left with a lot of kitchen stuff. stuff like pans, baking pans of different sizes and shapes, cooking utensils, brownies mix, muffin mix, seasonings, frozen salmon, frozen beef, etc. question is, when will i be able to use them. well, the frozen salmon and the frozen beef, i have to cook it asap. hehehehehe...

let's start with the salmon. for 2 consecutive weekends we had baked salmon. yes, that's right, baked salmon. i was watching my grandmom bake when they were here last month. but never expected that i'll do some baking myself. hehehehe. when my mom called up, i asked her how to prepare the salmon and how to bake it, what's the temperature, and how long. i never really fond of baking. i used to totally ignore all dishes that requires baking. i dunno... it's probably the oven, takot ako sa fire. btw, speaking of takot... takot din ako sa knives. hehehehe... kaya i never took any interest in the kitchen. anyhow, i tried preparing the salmon, according to mom, all i need are butter, a dash of salt and pepper, and some calamansi. so there, i had may glass pan placed the thawed salmon put salt and pepper and butter, while oven is on preheat at 400 deg F for 20 mins. then, i placed the salmon inside the oven. counting the minutes..... it's now the 15th minute when it hit me, ayayay!!!! i forgot the calamansi!!!!! yikes!!!! so, i removed the salmon from the oven and squeezed some calamansi on it. then, placed it back in the oven and baked it for 10-15mins more. when it's done, i turned off the oven but let the salmon sit in it for a few more minutes. i then, proceeded to setting the table, then placed the baked salmon on a fish platter and served.

i tried tasting it, hmmm.... medyo salty. hehehehehe...

arnold got a piece of my baked salmon and had his first bite. hehehehehe.... salty nga daw...d=(

oh well... my mistake for forgetting about the calamansi... hehehehe..... i didn't throw the baked salmon, when i before i reheated it for the next meal, i already placed more calamansi and some butter and toss it again in the oven. this time, i think my baked salmon tasted better! *wink* and my next baked salmon, was no long salty, but a bit sour becaus of too much calamansi. hehehehehehe... but then again, i was able to resolve it quickly! hehehehehe hopefully, my baked salmon will be perfect on this weekend.

besides the salmon, i did baked my first fundge brownies. i preheat the oven and made the mixture as instructed in the recipe. but while preheating... the oven fire is dying down... bakit??? so, i called for help!!!! called up my friend who bakes brownies for a living. he told me to increase the temp., so i did. i placed the brownies mixture in an 8x8in baking pan and placed it in the oven. as instructed by my brownies friend, increase the temp and baked it for this and that amount of time. poke it with a toothpick, if the toothpick came out clean, you're done. so, i did as i was told. and viola!!!! my brownies went fine! not perfect though, but fine. *wink*

my brownies saturday afternoon was completed with my heavenly cheesecake. this time, instead of having the cheesecake in a pan, i had it on muffin cups. i did not make crusts from crushed graham crackers, i used oreo cookies as my crust. i lined my muffin pan with paper muffin cups, placed an oreo cookie on each cup, then pour my cheesecake mixture on the cups. let it stay in the freezer for an hour and in the fridge over night. it's actually better after letting it sit in the fridge for 48 hours, the cheesecake is firmer. it looks really nice after yon remove it from the muffin cups. btw, i put spinkles on top for a better food presentation. ehehehehehe...

two days ago, when i came home for work, while i was changing to my pambahay, naisip ko, gawa kaya ako nang pasta... i saw a couple of cans of spaghetti sauce in the cupboard, and i have a few cans of corned beef. so, i made spaghetti with corned beef. it's good. seriously!!! hehehhe.... my hubby loved it. my secret to it was my mrs. dash tomato basil garlic seasoning. yummy!!!

my agenda for the weekend.... caldereta and cathedral windows.

walang photos. busy busy sa kusina eh. hindi na ko nakapag-picture-picture. hehehe...

til my next kitchen adventure.

tata!



4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
Web Counter
since March 2005
website counter